Curious about what we're working on or what to expect from us in the future? You're in the right place!
Please fill out this survey to help us prioritize our development efforts.
If there's a feature missing from the roadmap that you'd like to see added, don't hesitate to contact us using the blue Intercom button in the lower-right corner of the window. Be sure to leave your email so we can get back to you!
This roadmap reflects our priorities as of April 2019.
- Our next big project is an improved array editor to make it easier to adjust layouts and rearrange modules.
- Grid-tied systems with battery storage (Tesla power wall, Enphase with AC batteries, LG, etc.).
- We are considering solutions for shade analysis.
- Support for a greater range of racking manufacturers (how can I help?).
We Do Not Plan to Support:
- Commercial-scale & off-grid systems: SolarDesignTool will not be adding support for three-phase commercial/industrial systems or off-grid systems. Because our main priority is to fully support grid-tied, residential-scale systems, our cut off ESV will remain at 400A.
- Ground mount foundation plan & elevation drawing: We do not plan on having support for these documents, and advise that users utilize documentation provided directly from the manufacturer.
- Proposals & financials: Financial reports and proposals are not a part of SolarDesignTool's main vision. We endeavor to fully develop our tool's ability to streamline and automate the creation of permit-ready document packages for residential-scale projects.