Curious about what we're working on or what to expect from us in the future? You're in the right place!
If there's a feature missing from the roadmap that you'd like to see added, don't hesitate to contact us using the blue Intercom button in the lower-right corner of the window. Be sure to leave your email so we can get back to you!
This roadmap reflects our priorities as of April 2019.
- Our next big project is an improved array editor to make it easier to adjust layouts and rearrange modules.
- Grid-tied systems with battery storage (Tesla power wall, Enphase with AC batteries, LG, etc.).
- We are considering solutions for shade analysis.
- Support for a greater range of racking manufacturers (how can I help?).
We Do Not Plan to Support:
- Commercial-scale & off-grid systems: SolarDesignTool will not be adding support for three-phase commercial/industrial systems or off-grid systems. Because our main priority is to fully support grid-tied, residential-scale systems, our cut off ESV will remain at 400A.
- Ground mount foundation plan & elevation drawing: We do not plan on having support for these documents, and advise that users utilize documentation provided directly from the manufacturer.
- Proposals & financials: Financial reports and proposals are not a part of SolarDesignTool's main vision. We endeavor to fully develop our tool's ability to streamline and automate the creation of permit-ready document packages for residential-scale projects.